Saturday 9 March 2013

Speed Painting Challenge Week 1

Hey everyone for the past week I was taking the speed painting challenge that was posted at my uni's group blog. The goal of the speed painting challenge is once a day we have to listen to a piece of music that was posted on the group blog and make a digital painting that represents what we see or feel. The only rule is that we cannot draw a character, landscape or a creature. The main focus is abstract paintings and we can make more than one picture that is based of one music.
With that part out of the way here are my digital paintings.

First Painting.
The first music that was given had more of a calm and floaty atmosphere with a heavy sound that feels like a transition. The rectangles represent the beat of the music. 

Second Painting
The second painting is not my favorite because it did not represent what I felt when I listened to the second music. If I had a chance to redo it I would paint something that had a more powerful booming style which hopefully fit with the music.

Third Painting 1

Third Painting 2
The third music had more of a flowy feel with a sudden burst of something amazing and these two images represent the two feelings that came to me, with slight differences but ending up the same.

Forth Painting 1

Forth Painting 2
The forth music had more of a gentle drifty feel yet a sad tone to it. The first picture was more focused around the colours that I felt as the music plays. I was trying to stick with warm colours because the music still keeps the gentleness as mentioned.
The second painting has the shapes that I felt matches with the beat of the music.

Fifth Painting
The fifth music felt distorted, busy, crazy like eveything was a huge mess that I can't make any sense out of it.
Which is why my painting looks messy and ,hopefully, out of control. The strange this is that making this one was much easier that the last four, I don't know if I am getting use to the challenge or I am starting to get lazy. Hope I am not getting lazy that might suck.

That is all of my paints of last week this will be a great exercise and experience on learning about photoshop, please leave a comment to tell me what you think and if anyone is taking part on the challenge please link me to your blogs :) Thanks.

2 comments: