Tuesday, 29 March 2011
I have also made his turnarounds to see him from all sides and his updated modelling map to represent his 3D version.
Today I was designing the logo of my company named Shubtastic Studios.
The first design is that the 'S' will look like it's one but in reality there are two 'S's overlapping each other. The studio 'T' is also the underline for the Shubtastic part of the logo.
The second design is that the bottom 'S' is hanging over the top 'S'while the rest is the same. Although it doesn't look it there are meant to be two different fonts, the 'Shubtastic' word is meant to be more curvy and bubbly so it looks playful but the 'Studio' word is meant to have a more serious font to show I am also serious about my work.
Please send feedback if this is a good idea.
Wednesday, 23 March 2011
The Lamp post will have a special rig that will control most of the Controlers on the centre pole so it can bend smoothly.
Albert's door won't have a UV map because I was planning to use one colour for the door and bronze for the letter box, door nob and key hole.
Tuesday, 15 March 2011
Last week I had a meeting with Phil and I shown him my modelling maps, he liked all of them except my chair. He said it looked too generic and it doesn't show Victorian, so I did some more research on Victorian pub chairs and I actually got a very good idea for my new chair design.
I still carried some of the chair's previous design like the curved legs and the back, but the overall appearance has changed drastically.
Once I have finally finished making all the modelling maps I then started modelling my character.
Modelling my character didn't take too long but it was very tricky especially the making the hands. You would think making mitten hands would be easy but it wasn't, at least to me. The reason why is because I wanted to give it more than one movement like having his pinky risen when holding the bottle or opening the door. Overall I am pleased of how it turned out, next step is to set up the UV map and rig it
Monday, 7 March 2011
Saturday, 5 March 2011
When I was redesigning the Lamp Post I still wanted the three arms look but I thought instead of having the bulbs in a cage I could put them in a dome on each arm so it gives the Lamp a some-what person appearance. Which I believe works well with my animation since it is going to dance.
Lamp Post Design Set 1
Lamp Post Design Set 2
Lamp Post Front
Lamp Post Side
For the table I wanted to give it a unique appearance for the legs, and while looking for some images of Victorian tables I found some with four legs connected to a small pillar underneath the table. I really like it and I thought I could apply it to my table.
For the Chair I had to do a lot of research on it finding what would be the appropriate for my animation. I ended up with a merger between a stool and a chair. I don't know if the Victorian era had that but to me it works because it will make my character look short when sitting on it which is what I am going for.
For the pub door I thought making it big the door big with a glass window on the front would give the door a bit of class. While the house door is meant to look normal with some detail.
Pub Door Designs
Wednesday, 2 March 2011
I have also design some guide maps for modelling the objects for my animation, the objects are the lamp post, chair, table, beer bottle and door. I have shown this to Alan but he said they need to look more Victorian since this is the time-line my animation revolves around.
The reason why the lamp post does not have any lamps on the two arms is because I was planning to edit them through photoshop by duplicating the centre one and placing them on the arms.