Thursday 12 November 2009

my concept art 6

Yesterday I was also re-reading Allan Poe's The Pit and The Pendulum while doing some doodles to picture the events in the story at the same time. I was making a scene when the main character was being engulf by darkness (sounds cheesy).
The last image was just an experiment I was trying out, which was inspired by Jolanta's own drawing of the sable draperies. I like the way how she did it I thought I could give it a shot. I don't know if I will stick with this though because it's not what I was going for, for my own idea of the dungeon.
I have also taken some note's of words in the story that I didn't understand and put in meanings which fits the story so I can read it a lot easier. This really helped me a lot and gave me a better understanding of the area the main character is in.






The next scan is about the image I had in my head when I was reading the part in the story when the main character was wondering the dungeon in total darkness. I also did some more research on the clothes he was wearing, just in case I need to add him in my concept art and I was also curious what a coarse serge was, it turns out to be a poor condition clothing that poor people wore in the olden days.
I also did some pit designs aswell and it was really hard, the hard part was to try to fool the viewer in believe the deepness in the pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment